We have all heard it before, breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
Breakfast is definitely my favorite meal. I love getting up in the morning to the smell of fresh coffee, it’s just the best right? I’m also one of those people that wakes up starving so I get right into it.
The are so many benefits of having a big healthy breakfast.
- One of them is that it helps weight control. Yes, all of you that skip breakfast because you’re trying to intake less calories, breakfast is definitely not a meal to skip. Especially if you make the healthy choices, and there are so many that are so tasty and satisfying. When we sleep are bodies burn less calories, so when you delay your first meal the body goes into starvation mode, storing calories and turning them into fat.
- It definitely helps with your mood. Try it. Go one day without any food until lunchtime and then try with a big hearty breakfast. Our crankiness and stress levels tend to disappear with food in our bellies.
- When you eat breakfast you’re less likely to indulge in unhealthy treats throughout the day. If you go all morning with no food, by the time lunchtime arrives, you will be more likely to eat the unhealthy stuff, the stuff that gives you the quickest fix. Bad idea.
- It improves your concentration. Whether you’re at school or at work, you need to be focused. The food we have in the morning helps us to stay attentive and motivated.
A good breakfast should consist of: Fiber (like oatmeal or whole wheat bread), fruits (bananas & strawberries are great) and protein (eggs, peanut butter, greek yogurt).
- Oatmeal with banana and peanut butter.
- Coffee and a warm roll with ham & cheese.
- Greek yogurt topped with blue grapes, strawberries and Chia Seeds.